The death toll from a suspected case of food poisoning at a village in the Kavango East region has increased to 16.
This is after one person died in Rundu Intermediate Hospital on Thursday morning, the acting regional health director in Kavango East, Woitha John Kapumburu, has confirmed.
“The total number of people involved has been revised from the initial 18 to 24 with the youngest being one year old and the oldest 33 years old,” said Kapumburu.
It is alleged that a family of 24 people became severely ill after eating porridge made from flour with an additive of dried pounded fermented sediment from a homemade beverage locally known as mundevere on Saturday.
This is a developing story.