Kavango East acting regional commander commissioner Eino Nambahu says one more suspect was arrested in connection with N$2 million stolen from Bank Windhoek at Opuwo last Saturday.
Nambahu says the suspect was arrested while at home in the Kaisosi settlement at Rundu on Thursday afternoon.
He says the suspect was not found with cash but was a wanted person in the case.
According to him, the suspect, together with another suspect who was arrested while trying to withdraw money at the bank counter at Rundu on Wednesday, will be transported to Opuwo after appearing in the Rundu Magistrate’s Court on Friday.
So far, the number of people arrested at Rundu is seven.
Two more suspects were arrested at Opuwo on Monday. They remain in custody.
The theft was allegedly committed by bank employee Nico Rebebe (30), who is still on the run.
Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –