Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Banner Left
Banner Right

Egyptian forces sweep Sinai for terrorists

Egyptian forces sweep Sinai for terrorists

CAIRO – Egyptian security forces launched a massive sweep of the Sinai peninsula yesterday to hunt down Bedouins suspected of involvement in recent attacks, security sources told AFP.

Some 3 000 men backed by armoured vehicles were involved in the vast operation which kicked off at dawn near the northern town of Sheikh Zuayed and was expected to last several days, the sources said. On Sunday, security forces arrested around 250 people during a raid targeting an explosives smuggling ring in the town of Al-Arish on the Mediterranean coast, they added.- Nampa-AFPOn Sunday, security forces arrested around 250 people during a raid targeting an explosives smuggling ring in the town of Al-Arish on the Mediterranean coast, they added. – Nampa-AFP

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News