Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Banner Left
Banner Right

4-month-old twins raped, one baby dead, dad held

4-month-old twins raped, one baby dead, dad held

A FOUR-MONTH-OLD baby girl who was allegedly raped and assaulted by her father near Karibib has survived the brutal attack.

Her condition was yesterday described as stable. The little girl’s twin brother, who suffered the same fate, died of his injuries on Monday.The twins’ biological father, who is 23 years old, was arrested on Thursday and appeared in the Karibib Magistrate’s Court on Monday.His charges include two counts of rape and two counts of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.According to Chief Inspector Sydney Philander of the Erongo Police, a murder charge will probably be added to the list after the death of the baby boy, Wilfried.Philander said the babies’ mother reported the crime to the Police at Karibib last Tuesday.According to the mother, she fled the house to look for help after a quarrel with her husband.She left the twins with him.When she returned later, she told the Police, she found both babies covered in bruises and bite marks.The little girl’s nappy was bloodstained, leading her to suspect that the child had been raped.The mother immediately took the children to the Usakos State Hospital and reported the matter to the Police.On Monday, their father’s case was postponed until July 31.He did not get bail and remains in Police custody.Philander told The Namibian that a post mortem would be performed on the little boy to shed more light on the nature of the attack that led to his death.”There are no words to explain how I feel about incidents like this,” Philander said.”It is truly heart-wrenching.”The little girl’s twin brother, who suffered the same fate, died of his injuries on Monday.The twins’ biological father, who is 23 years old, was arrested on Thursday and appeared in the Karibib Magistrate’s Court on Monday.His charges include two counts of rape and two counts of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.According to Chief Inspector Sydney Philander of the Erongo Police, a murder charge will probably be added to the list after the death of the baby boy, Wilfried.Philander said the babies’ mother reported the crime to the Police at Karibib last Tuesday.According to the mother, she fled the house to look for help after a quarrel with her husband.She left the twins with him.When she returned later, she told the Police, she found both babies covered in bruises and bite marks.The little girl’s nappy was bloodstained, leading her to suspect that the child had been raped.The mother immediately took the children to the Usakos State Hospital and reported the matter to the Police.On Monday, their father’s case was postponed until July 31.He did not get bail and remains in Police custody.Philander told The Namibian that a post mortem would be performed on the little boy to shed more light on the nature of the attack that led to his death.”There are no words to explain how I feel about incidents like this,” Philander said.”It is truly heart-wrenching.”

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News