Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Banner Left
Banner Right

No progress in murder inquiry

No progress in murder inquiry

THE fact that no arrest has been made, more than a month after a murder at a house in Windhoek’s Wanaheda location, has community members questioning the resolve of the Police in solving the crime.

Donbaldt Nehemia, an employee of the Katutura State Hospital, was shot dead at around 04h20 on Monday, September 17 outside his home in R Ruzo Street. He was 39 years old.Nehemia and his wife woke up when someone threw rocks on their roof.When Nehemia stepped outside to see what was going on, he was shot in the right eye at close range.His killer then disappeared into the dark.Nehemia was immediately rushed to the Katutura State Hospital, where he died at around 10h00 that same day.His family declined to speak to The Namibian after the incident, saying that they were only prepared to speak to the Police.Sources at the Katutura State hospital noted at the time that Nehemia had been admitted just a month before, after somebody had broken into his home and stabbed him.Following complaints from the community, The Namibian inquired about the progress made in the Police investigation.The Namibian was informed that only one investigating officer, a Constable with the Serious Crime Unit, had been assigned to this case.This officer, when contacted on September 20, said that he had been unable to make progress in the case, as he had been required to do court duty.When the officer was again contacted on Monday, he said he was on leave and would return to work on Wednesday.He said a suspect had been identified, but had not yet been brought in for questioning.Also on Monday, the Commanding Officer of Serious Crime Unit dismissed claims that the Police were not taking the case seriously.He said the case remained under investigation.He was 39 years old.Nehemia and his wife woke up when someone threw rocks on their roof.When Nehemia stepped outside to see what was going on, he was shot in the right eye at close range.His killer then disappeared into the dark.Nehemia was immediately rushed to the Katutura State Hospital, where he died at around 10h00 that same day.His family declined to speak to The Namibian after the incident, saying that they were only prepared to speak to the Police.Sources at the Katutura State hospital noted at the time that Nehemia had been admitted just a month before, after somebody had broken into his home and stabbed him.Following complaints from the community, The Namibian inquired about the progress made in the Police investigation.The Namibian was informed that only one investigating officer, a Constable with the Serious Crime Unit, had been assigned to this case.This officer, when contacted on September 20, said that he had been unable to make progress in the case, as he had been required to do court duty.When the officer was again contacted on Monday, he said he was on leave and would return to work on Wednesday.He said a suspect had been identified, but had not yet been brought in for questioning.Also on Monday, the Commanding Officer of Serious Crime Unit dismissed claims that the Police were not taking the case seriously.He said the case remained under investigation.

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News