Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Banner Left
Banner Right

Karibib CEO back in office

Karibib CEO back in office

KARIBIB’S Municipal CEO, Lydia Kandetu, is back in her office after about one and a half month’s suspension on allegations of mismanagement and incompetence.

Kandetu told The Namibian yesterday that she had received a notice from the Karibib Town Council that her suspension had expired and that she had to report for duty on October 22. She was suspended on September 14 amid allegations of illegally awarding tenders, handling cash without approval from the management committee and transferring an amount of N$200 000 without Council’s approval.They further accused her of not giving her co-operation, being dishonest and failing to be transparent.She says nothing further has been said about the allegations since her return to work.”This matter still needs to be resolved.Something has to come out of this.I do anticipate that Council would come forward and clear the matter up, they would have prove the allegations to me,” she said.”In the meantime I will continue to serve this town.”Karibib’s Deputy Mayor, Franz Auxumub, says the allegations against Kandetu are still pending.She was suspended on September 14 amid allegations of illegally awarding tenders, handling cash without approval from the management committee and transferring an amount of N$200 000 without Council’s approval.They further accused her of not giving her co-operation, being dishonest and failing to be transparent.She says nothing further has been said about the allegations since her return to work.”This matter still needs to be resolved.Something has to come out of this.I do anticipate that Council would come forward and clear the matter up, they would have prove the allegations to me,” she said.”In the meantime I will continue to serve this town.”Karibib’s Deputy Mayor, Franz Auxumub, says the allegations against Kandetu are still pending.

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News