Warning of heavy rain in the west

Warning of heavy rain in the west

PEOPLE living in the western parts of Namibia have been urged to take the necessary precautions, as heavy rains have been forecast there today.

Weatherman Victor Kaurimuje told The Namibian yesterday that there is a 60 per cent chance of rain in western Namibia, and a 40 per cent chance in the eastern half. “I am giving a warning to people in the western parts, where heavy showers are expected, to take precautionary measures,” said Kaurimuje.By tomorrow, the rain will lessen in the northwest and in the Namib.By Saturday, the southwest will also be included.On Sunday, rain is only expected in the northeast.Windhoek’s Eros Park suburb recorded the highest figure of 42,1 millimetres yesterday morning, followed by Suiderhof with 25 mm.The rain gauge at the Windhoek Weather Office measured 22,1 mm, Grootfontein received 20,3 mm, Katutura 17,1 mm, Eros Airport 11 mm and Outjo 10,6 mm.”I am giving a warning to people in the western parts, where heavy showers are expected, to take precautionary measures,” said Kaurimuje.By tomorrow, the rain will lessen in the northwest and in the Namib.By Saturday, the southwest will also be included.On Sunday, rain is only expected in the northeast.Windhoek’s Eros Park suburb recorded the highest figure of 42,1 millimetres yesterday morning, followed by Suiderhof with 25 mm.The rain gauge at the Windhoek Weather Office measured 22,1 mm, Grootfontein received 20,3 mm, Katutura 17,1 mm, Eros Airport 11 mm and Outjo 10,6 mm.

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News