Two children burn to death in hut

Two children burn to death in hut

TWO girls burnt to death at Omakango village in the Oshikoto Region when a hut they were sleeping in caught fire on Thursday evening.

Regional Police spokesperson Christina Fonsech told The Namibian that the two sisters had been identified as Josephine Ndinoshisho Jonas (5) and Gloria Ndeshihaluka Jonas (3). Fonsech said the fire was caused by a candle that was left burning when they fell asleep.In the Omusati Region, a three-year-old girl was killed by lighting at Okangala village on Thursday afternoon.The child was identified as Beata Ndalulilwa Phillipus.Omusati Police spokesperson Sergeant Lineekela Shikongo said the child was playing with other children in a mahangu field when the rain started.The Police at Okahao are investigating the death of a six-week-old baby, Oronena Oscar, who died while he was being taken to a clinic at Uukolonkadhi in the Omusati Region.According to the Police, the baby’s mother took him to the Tsandi District Hospital for a polio vaccination on January 8.On the way back home, the little boy became weak and she decided to take him to the Iilyateko Clinic, which was the only health facility nearby.The baby died before they could reach the clinic.Fonsech said the fire was caused by a candle that was left burning when they fell asleep.In the Omusati Region, a three-year-old girl was killed by lighting at Okangala village on Thursday afternoon.The child was identified as Beata Ndalulilwa Phillipus.Omusati Police spokesperson Sergeant Lineekela Shikongo said the child was playing with other children in a mahangu field when the rain started.The Police at Okahao are investigating the death of a six-week-old baby, Oronena Oscar, who died while he was being taken to a clinic at Uukolonkadhi in the Omusati Region.According to the Police, the baby’s mother took him to the Tsandi District Hospital for a polio vaccination on January 8.On the way back home, the little boy became weak and she decided to take him to the Iilyateko Clinic, which was the only health facility nearby.The baby died before they could reach the clinic.

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News