Smoker ignites portable loo

Smoker ignites portable loo

BLACKSVILLE, West Virginia – Warning:smoking in the toilet can be dangerous.

A portable toilet exploded on Tuesday after a man who was inside it lit a cigarette. Emergency workers said the man was not severely injured and drove himself to Clay-Battelle Community Health Center.His name and condition were not available yesterday.The explosion, which occurred in Blacksville, resulted from a build-up of methane gas inside the portable toilet.The methane did not “take too kindly” to the lit cigarette, said a spokeswoman for Monongalia Emergency Medical Services.- Nampa-APEmergency workers said the man was not severely injured and drove himself to Clay-Battelle Community Health Center.His name and condition were not available yesterday.The explosion, which occurred in Blacksville, resulted from a build-up of methane gas inside the portable toilet.The methane did not “take too kindly” to the lit cigarette, said a spokeswoman for Monongalia Emergency Medical Services.- Nampa-AP

Stay informed with The Namibian – your source for credible journalism. Get in-depth reporting and opinions for only N$85 a month. Invest in journalism, invest in democracy –
Subscribe Now!

Latest News