Food for Thought
* I APPEAL to opposition parties to tell the nation what they would do differently to what Swapo is doing as a government, rather than criticise Swapo leaders without an alternative.
* SPYL, set priorities! Please SPYL leaders, leave politics for the politicians. Set priorities. Focus on educating male youths to stop abusing and killing innocent ladies in this country. Too many lives are being lost among youths and what have you done thus far to address this serious matter?
– Tangi, Ongwediva
* NOW is the time to get rid of the people who in a short time created tribal tension amongst our nation which will last forever because of their greed and hunger for power.
* I WON’T vote until all the opposition parties pull together. My wish is all the opposition parties should unite so they can form one strong party.
– Concerned youth
* SWAPO organised groups of thousands of people to cause violence and disturb the RDP rally that was intended to take place [at Outapi]. RDP supporters were chased like animals, firearms and any other assault objects were involved. It is a shame that Swapo resorts to violence. Let’s ask ourselves, where are we heading with all this, Namibians. It is now evident that Swapo is no better then Zanu-PF of (President Robert) Mugabe, if civil war ever erupts in Namibia, no one else will be responsible. If your time is over nothing will save you, not even violence. Shame on you.
* SHAME on Swapo. How can they tell APP to go and hold their meeting in Rundu? Is that not tribalism? We all know that OPO still exists. They interrupted the APP’s meeting on November 15 in front of watching Police. On November 22, APP, held a meeting while Swapo put on their songs just a few metres from that place. Police failed to remove them. All this took place at Hakahana.
* PRESIDENT (Hifikepunye Pohamba) Pohamba, I congratulate you on the decision you have taken on the MCA issue. Only a successful leader will stand up and admit responsibility for other people’s actions or decisions. You are a true leader by taking responsibility for others actions and decisions on the MCA issue. President Pohamba, we remain praying for you.
– Brother Ali
* UNCLE Sam Nujoma, if you are a true Father of the Nation, please protect all your children. There are many intimidations made against RDP members by your supporters but you never call them to order, why are you quiet? Are you a Father of the Nation or father of Swapo Party? Please we want to be free in our motherland.
– Sam Hamunyela, Ongha.
* HON (Jerry) Ekandjo is senior, I’m just 24 but can see Mr Pohamba’s unacceptable failures, Swapo shall eject him. We want an independent and confident politician who has words in his mouth, the one who can pull international attention to our country and engage in positive performance. What is the use of re-voting in a failing person Minister Ekandjo? We need politicians like RP’s Mudge who spoke of us comparing ourselves with progressive nations of the world. – E Hango, Okahao
* WHY is there less noise about the suspensions of Shivolo (Helao Nafidi) and Haimbili (TransNamib)? Is it because they are not from one certain group? Open your eyes Namibians and let’s stop victimising each other along tribal lines. Namibia belongs to all of us and not to the two or three fighting sub-tribes or regions. We should guard against a tribal government in this country.– Socrates.
* CAN we have more coverage of gender issues please, Namibian.
* ARE there any civil servants in Namibia who are given GRN tenders? If so, can the MWTC tell the nation who they are, which projects, how much money involved?
* WHAT happened to the petrol scandal at Tsumkwe and the cheque that was written by the refuse remover for petrol for such a high amount? Isn’t it fraud?
* I WOULD like to know how people can get criminally charged for exchanging US dollars if commercial banks like Standard Bank Namibia Outapi pay its customers on Namibian demand with SA rand. I think that should be a criminal offence as well. Unless the US$ is superior to other currencies. Please can someone help and explain why?
* The SA rand is legal tender in Namibia. It is, therefore, not subject to currency exchange controls. – News Desk
* ACC please investigate immigration there are guys who are millionaires.
* OK with troops to DRC. Fellow Namibians you are complaining with invalid reasons for Namibia not to send troops to DRC. What if it was us in the same situation? Would you also suggest other SADC member countries not to come and help us? Think of protocols and signatories!
* JESAYA Nyamu leave the NDF to go and help in DRC. Remember the time of our long and bitter struggle, we were also getting assistance from those countries. People die anyway because their days are numbered. You said no to our soldiers what about if it could happen to our side?
In And From the Regions
* THE Council of Okalongo please do something to empower youth. Your office has turned a blind eye for the past 18 years of Independence.
– Concerned youth.
* WHO are we? Namibians or foreigners in our own country? Now you tell me this country Namibia is it only for the rich man who can pay money for whoever to evict poor people? Okay the Government came into the picture and gave a place to the people to farm on now the problem is water. These poor people have to go about 6km just to get water and sometimes their transport is not working condition. The people themselves went to the resettlement offices in the nearby town but nothing has been done and its now almost a year. Some are now sitting almost with nothing left. I am referring to the people who are sitting in the corridor between Okahandja and Karibib. Why did the government not give them a place in the Otjozondjupa region?
* SOMEONE in the Ministry of Safety and Security can maybe explain. Shebeens all over Namibia operate as from 10h00 in the morning until 22h00 at night on Sundays, but here in Lüderitz we are forced to close as from 14h00 to 18h00 in the afternoon. What about one Namibia one Nation?
* MR Oscar Mbeeli, the headman of Onamutene village & your secretary Mrs Hilja Kalukambe (Uundjondjo) your decision for the local shops to be opened at 13h00 and closed at 21h00 every day is unethical. The Ondonga Traditional Authority please send Mr Mbeeli and Mrs Kalukambe to a workshop, before things get worse.
– Onamutene Residents
* WHO will pay the money of the Rundu Town Council that was paid to unqualified people? Thanks Anti-Corruption Commission for work well done.
* THERE is a chain of family member recruitment going on at the Oshakati State Hospital. Soul-searching is needed to end this nepotism.
* WHY is the Ministry of Education putting much effort into Etsip programmes without first rectifying the problems we teachers are facing, such as receiving your salary after six months, you have to beg for your bonus and a lot of blunders from your finance offices. Teachers are now queuing up at regional offices during school hours looking for their salaries and other benefits, leaving classes. Is this the right path towards Vision 2030 and so-called Etsip?
* THE school management of Okambumbu C.S, how can you decide to pay those relief teachers N$300? God may judge you for that,you know that life is expensive today.
* I AM studying with IOL and I am concerned about the way this institution is handling our exams. Students write exams, their exam marks get lost. The dates one sat for the exam are not the same dates as the ones on the progress report. The marks on the assignment cover are not the same as the one on the admission permit. What is going on? NQA, please assess the capability of this institution in handling examination matters.
* NSFAF, why don’t you sent application forms for scholarships to the offices of the councillors as you told us? Now the closing date is already over. Please just accept even the late applications because the fault is yours. And please try to give reasons when you say someone is unsuccessful.
* WHEN are the admission letters (Poly\Unam) coming out? We have been asking this for quite some time now but no reply. Please let us know. - Ponde
* WHY does Unam not have a second graduation during the second semester just like the Polytechnic? Mr Tjiramba and Mr Hoveka we expect an answer from you.
* FOR many teachers who finished (studying) in Zimbabwe, the job market is really depressing. It would seem that finding a job is more about who you know than what you’ve studied and learnt at a tertiary institution, so the GRN should help us even with deployment to schools.
* CAN The Namibian tell us whether the Grade 10 results which will come out are for Namcol or full-time candidates.
* MEATCO... Meatco! You advertise goat meat at four outlets. The first restaurant we went to did not even know about your promotion. Now I have to be without the juicy goat meat. Shame on you!
* THE management of the Multi Save Store in Khorixas must tell their workers to be friendly and polite towards customers.
* MTC management. People making payment should be in a separate queue from those buying cellphones. Please we are tired of your poor service especially at Oshakati.– MTC client.
* I WOULD like the Ministry of Health to make inspections on health officials because some of the nurses at local clinics are really rude with people and they don’t do their job well.
* MINISTER of Health, for the fourth time I visited Stampriet Clinic in three months and they only have Panado. Why are there no other pain pills or injections?
Bouquets and Brickbats
* NBC’s ‘Green Horizon’ programme is an informative programme. Please reduce your music, we want to hear and learn from the farmers and not listen to music. Keep up the good work. – Greg, Keetmanshoop
* ALLOW me to express my anger and disappointment at our Namibian Government for allowing the Chinese to sell us fake products. Last month I bought a coffee table from a Chinese shop for nearly N$400. It has a glass top resting on four supports which looked like steel. Now the whole structure has just collapsed like a pack of cards. Our Government should not leave us at the mercy of these ruthless traders.
* DEAR editor, allow me a space. Congrats to the people of Gibeon who came to witness the global acknowledgement of Captain Hendrik Witbooi’s academic writings during the German war. Our national leaders should attend this kind of event and try learn how much Namas contributed towards Independence. Let us not project them only as good drunkards.
* THANKS a lot to FNB for opening another branch in Rundu town. We want more again at Nkurenkuru, Divundu and we request an ATM at Shell Service so that it will be easy for us to withdraw quickly mostly when travelling to Windhoek or else where it will be easy for us! Well done FNB.