Food for Thought
* NOW we know the conditions attached to MCA (American money), could the Government also enlighten the nation on the conditions attached to the Chinese money?
* MR (Jesaya) Nyamu please leave us to go to DRC because we are getting low salaries. We want to drive nice VW vti, 2.7’s etc.
* I AM a member of the NDF and l want to tell Jesaya Nyamu that we soldiers are here to defend our country from any threat and at the same time we are part of SADC forces and we are ready at any time to go and support any SADC country in conjunction with the SADC and government decisions
* OK with troops to DRC. Fellow Namibians you are complaining with invalid reasons for Namibia not to send troops to DRC. What if it was us in the same situation? Would you also suggest other SADC member countries not to come and help us? Think of protocols and signatories!
* I AM a soldier and I am ready to defend the name of justice and go to DRC. I am no coward, we need war experience, our army is rusty.
* WAR campaigner! Mr (Elijah) Ngurare! Our children, brothers and sisters have sworn an oath to protect the territory and integrity of he Republic of Namibia, not the interest of individuals! Send your kids and your fathers, nephews to DRC and defend your mines there.– Concerned Citizen
* SOLDIERS to DRC. The only way to get experience of war is practically. Thinking about death and benefits after death is just cowardliness. Death is everywhere and we are all candidates on this planet.
* FROM the front page of yesterday’s paper, it’s good to know that Jerry Ekandjo is at least reading The Namibian newspaper, despite the Government ban on purchasing the paper.
* RDP ... Get focused.... the message is about change, dramatic change. We do not need a new party who is merely providing a retirement with promises for the same, tired Swapo “has-beens”. Please tell us when a new genre of Namibians join. We are tired of the same old bunch telling us how sold out they felt by Swapo and now RDP is their new political home
* SWAPO always goes an extra mile to defend allegations and make me wonder why they always on the receiving end? Because what eats the bean is within the bean!
* NOW that Kanime has joined the RDP, can he tell the nation how Swapo has been influencing elections during his tenure of office and why he has been denying links to RDP?
Children Of The Struggle
* OUR Government has money to build offices for the founding president, but why is it so slow to respond on the issue of the kids who were born abroad?– J Natangwe
Bouquets And Brickbats
* TATA Tata ... Pata Pata … Meme Makeba … Thank you Jackson and friends for keeping her spirit alive.
* EFFICIENCY, a lesson to others. May I congratulate Magistrate Prinsloo and the team at Swakopmund for concluding a case in one month (‘Fisherman jailed over stabbing’). Surely other colleagues can learn a good lesson on being efficient and fast when dealing with similar cases. Highly appreciated.
– Tangi, Oshakati.
In And From The Regions
* WHAT’S going on at Katima? Clinics are opened nearly every month in other regions, but their people are still suffering. Walking long distances e.g. to mention a few from Isize clinic to Schuckmansburg, Mubiza to Bukalo, in between there the distance is very long. When people complain on Open Line (in Silozi) they get harassment feedback. I think the Hon Minister should really do something. There is no development in Katima.
* I WOULD like to know when the NBC is coming to Aus. 1) To do away with the water problem. 2) To do away with the bucket system. 3) For the council to be removed because every time we have meetings then they always say empty promises.
* THE overspent money at Kavango Regional Council is a clear indication of how incompetent the management is. Their offices are always closed due to regular travelling to workshops which do not yield any results. It’s about time they presented an annual report regarding their achievements.– Fed-up youth
* CAN the Ministry of Education please tell us why we teachers have to wait for our medical aid membership to be processed for almost for four to nine years? Especially in Otjozondjupa region. This is my 10th year of teaching but up to now I don’t have medical aid. My son who just joined the Police early this year already has his. Can the PRO please tell us the quickest way of getting our medical aid. We are tired of waiting. – Upset Teachers.
* AT some schools teachers are overloaded with work. Yet there are plenty-plus teachers on the streets. Why? The Government should balance the educational system.
* CAN the circuit inspector of Outjo please look at how superintendents at the hostels are appointed. – Concerned Teacher
* I THINK the term ‘controversial Millennium Challenge Account’ used by The Namibian and others is becoming more and more inappropriate. ‘Keep telling it like it is’. – Mwayola
* DOES any government employee have the right to go to his/her personnel office to see which documents are in his/her file and which ones are not there? Someone help me please!
* MINISTRY of Finance, why do you charge interest if people were under-taxed? Is it their fault or the Revenue Office’s fault? Some of us are already struggling to make ends meet but our Government is making us poorer. Honourable Minister please help us, at least they should not charge us interest if it is their mistake, please!
– Poor tax payer
* WHAT has happened to our money we invested in the Yetu company?
* THIS morning I again caught the two thugs that robbed my kids, as they wanted to run away I kicked one and he fell down. I think I should beat them up every time I see them, as the justice system can’t help us.
* MUNICIPALITY of Windhoek, why are you offering cleaning tenders only to some people, what about us youth?
* WHY is the S&T claim payout process so slow and also with a lot of irregularities in the Ministry of Defence. Minister please do something
* I THINK it is high time all the radio stations bring in the cellphone system especially national radio. The majority of Namibians own cellphones rather than landlines and the charges are very high when calling from a cellphone to a landline. Many callers always end up not finishing their call or making their points due to insufficient credit.
– Kilian W
* WHY are Police commissioners allocated GRN double-cabs? Each one has a car scheme. What is ACC doing?
* GRN vehicle N699W take note that the speed limit on Sam Nujoma Drive is 60 km per hour.
* AT 12H58 on November 20, corner Mandume Ndemufayo & Tacoma Str – GRN 22, does stopping at red robots not apply to you?
* DEAR fellow Namibians, if you don’t have anything to say then you must not SMS. How can one think of soldiers to come and guard his/her house during the festive season. You better save your dollars rather than waste it on matters that are out of your reach.
* MR/MS Rich, be well informed that there will be no single day you can turn a soldier into a security guard for your house.
* TAXIS dropping off people with disabilities in the city centre of Windhoek are way too many. The question is, how many disabled people visit town on a daily basis?
* NATIONAL Youth Service. The youth are suffering because the allowance we receive at each month-end is very much low. We are not able to buy any private clothing. I request NYS at least to increase the allowance.
* ACC! Please investigate the Namibian Estate Agents’ Board, how can a person write the Estate Agent’s exam two to three times and fail. This is unfair I know what I wrote and was sure that I passed the exam. Why are we not getting our answer sheet?
* IT’S high time to bring change in the hierarchy of the Namibia Olympic Committee. The NOC’s constitution must be amended for the term of office to be reduced to only three years from five. The entire board must be dissolved and elect new ones elected.
* DO we have a national team for cycling in this country? How are they selected? We in the North are left out, please the NCF (Namibian Cycling Federation), where are you? We need you in the North. For me cycling might bail out Namibia in all competitions, just make it for all Namibians.
– Jahman, North!
* ALLOW me to give my point of view that Mr Frank Fredericks he must be given the opportunity for next year’s presidential election.
* NAMIBIAN Sport! Our league kicked off last weekend and not many stories about it in your paper or is it because Corry was in SA to cover the boxing and anyways is he the only sport reporter? Pirates beat Civics and newly promoted Hotspurs beat Ramblers but until today there wasn’t much like how the games were over all, how they played, who scored the goals and so on! Please wake up.
* Kindly go back and check all the match summaries in Monday’s edition. – Sport desk
* HAVE you ever seen a league game being determined in a penalty shootout? How does this sound? Ramblers beat Hotspurs on penalties but eventually lose the game or Hotspurs beat the hell out of the “R” factor (Rammies, Referee)! Anyway, thanks to the technical team for your commitment and hard work and congratulations on successfully announcing our arrival on the big stage. Keep it up!
* SHELL Service Station at Usakos sells expired cooldrinks, please check your products before you sell!