X
03:21Last update on: 12 Aug 2013
The Namibian
Mon 12 Aug 2013


POLL
What do you think of the renaming and addition of regions and constituencies?
Results so far:
Older Polls
Normal operations resume at Kenya’s main airport
NAIROBI – Normal operations at Kenya’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) resumed on Friday after a massive fire gutted the arrival hall, disrupting air travel to and from various destinations in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and Asia.
Kenya’s Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Interior Mutea Iringo confirmed that on Friday that international flights have resumed with a number of airlines scheduled to either land or take off on Friday.
“Services are back to normal at JKIA with arrival and departures functions operational. Travellers are advised to confirm the flight with the respective airline scheduled to use,” Iringo said.
The government, through a committee chaired by transport and infrastructure cabinet secretary Engineer Michael Kamau, had announced that necessary facilities and personnel have been made available to ensure domestic and international flights resume their normal schedule.
Kenya Airways on Friday released its schedule which shows that it has lined up international flights to various parts of Africa, Middle East, Far East and Europe on Friday.
The Wednesday’s blaze forced the cancellation or diversion of scores of flights at JKIA, a key regional and busiest transport hub.
The East African nation plans to speed up the completion of a new terminal that is currently under construction and scheduled to open in March 2014.
Kamau said investigators are working round the clock to establish the cause of the inferno which broke out on Wednesday.
– Nampa-Xinhua
Kenya’s Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Interior Mutea Iringo confirmed that on Friday that international flights have resumed with a number of airlines scheduled to either land or take off on Friday.
“Services are back to normal at JKIA with arrival and departures functions operational. Travellers are advised to confirm the flight with the respective airline scheduled to use,” Iringo said.
The government, through a committee chaired by transport and infrastructure cabinet secretary Engineer Michael Kamau, had announced that necessary facilities and personnel have been made available to ensure domestic and international flights resume their normal schedule.
Kenya Airways on Friday released its schedule which shows that it has lined up international flights to various parts of Africa, Middle East, Far East and Europe on Friday.
The Wednesday’s blaze forced the cancellation or diversion of scores of flights at JKIA, a key regional and busiest transport hub.
The East African nation plans to speed up the completion of a new terminal that is currently under construction and scheduled to open in March 2014.
Kamau said investigators are working round the clock to establish the cause of the inferno which broke out on Wednesday.
– Nampa-Xinhua
Comment on this article
www.weatherphotos.co.za
Windhoek
7°
24°
0mm
Walvis Bay
8°
22°
0mm
Oshakati
8°
31°
0mm
Keetmanshoop
1°
17°
0mm
Grootfontein
2°
27°
0mm
Gobabis
5°
24°
0mm
(August 12)
View more ...
