X
06:38Last update on: 13 Aug 2013
The Namibian
Tue 13 Aug 2013


POLL
What do you think of the renaming and addition of regions and constituencies?
Results so far:
Older Polls
Child murder suspect accused of killing ex-girlfriend
Clemans Miyanicwe
The Outjo man suspected of murdering his step-son in May this year has been put into custody again after stabbing the boy’s 27-year old mother to death on Wednesday.
Otjozondjupa Regional NamPol chief Josef Anghuwo said 39-year old Sagues Somaeb handed himself over to Outjo Police after stabbing mother of two, Charlotte Geingos, 17 times and killing her on the spot.
During the attack, one of Geingos’ children was saved by a member of the community who fled the scene with the child while Somaeb was savaging the mother.
“After the murder, he handed himself over at the Outjo police station,” Anghuwo said.
Somaeb, out on a N$1000-bail given on 1 July for the six-year old boy’s death, is expected to return to court on 1 October. He appeared in the Outjo Magistrate’s court yesterday and will remain behind bars after magistrate Elvis Mwilima postponed his second case to 3 October for further investigation to take place and for Somaeb to seek legal representation.
Margret Peter, an Outjo councillor called for the refusal of bail for Somaeb whom she described as “pure danger” to society. “He murdered a small boy and now has killed the mother. So who is next?” Peter asked.
Peter also said the State rarely grants bail to stock-theft suspects but do so to murder suspects.
Otjozondjupa Regional NamPol chief Josef Anghuwo said 39-year old Sagues Somaeb handed himself over to Outjo Police after stabbing mother of two, Charlotte Geingos, 17 times and killing her on the spot.
During the attack, one of Geingos’ children was saved by a member of the community who fled the scene with the child while Somaeb was savaging the mother.
“After the murder, he handed himself over at the Outjo police station,” Anghuwo said.
Somaeb, out on a N$1000-bail given on 1 July for the six-year old boy’s death, is expected to return to court on 1 October. He appeared in the Outjo Magistrate’s court yesterday and will remain behind bars after magistrate Elvis Mwilima postponed his second case to 3 October for further investigation to take place and for Somaeb to seek legal representation.
Margret Peter, an Outjo councillor called for the refusal of bail for Somaeb whom she described as “pure danger” to society. “He murdered a small boy and now has killed the mother. So who is next?” Peter asked.
Peter also said the State rarely grants bail to stock-theft suspects but do so to murder suspects.
Comment on this article
Latest comments
www.weatherphotos.co.za
Windhoek
7°
24°
0mm
Walvis Bay
8°
22°
0mm
Oshakati
8°
31°
0mm
Keetmanshoop
1°
17°
0mm
Grootfontein
2°
27°
0mm
Gobabis
5°
24°
0mm
(August 12)
View more ...
