NEWS - NAMIBIA | 2013-08-02
Suspect NamPost employee resigns
Clemans Miyanicwe
THE NamPost employee suspected of stealing airtime cards worth N$400 000 at the north western town of Khorixas resigned last week.

Harold Akwenye, NamPost acting general manager of corporate communications, said the female employee (name withheld) tendered her resignation letter last week on Friday.

A hearing into the case held on 24 July was discontinued because she had no representative.

The employee was called for the hearing when an internal audit done at the Khorixas branch in June raised suspicion resulting in the NamPost head office dispatching investigators who established that there was indeed some stock missing, including airtime cards worth N$400 000.

“The docket is with the prosecutor general for a decision after a case was opened last month,” Akwenye said.

So far, only one suspect has been identified in the case. NamPost has been rocked by theft occurrences over the years with a recent case occurring at its Mariental branch where the company had to subject its employees to a lie detector test.



The Namibian - Tue 13 Aug 2013